Friday, June 3, 2011

i shoulda been a chef?

So, as the term draws to an end, I realized I need to get rid of some of my food "storage." Seeing this need, along with a need to eat dinner, I began to take a mini inventory of my options. Taking the ingredients I had on hand, I came up with this.




It takes kind of lasagna-y, so I shall call it "Lasagna-esque Awesomeness" (or at least until I can come up with something slightly better...)

Ingredients:
2 c. (uncooked) elbow macaroni
1 can (14.5 oz) tomatoes-petite diced with onions
cheddar cheese
1 stick of string cheese
Parmesan cheese
Italian seasoning
dried basil

Cook macaroni to desired softness. Stir in tomatoes, and season with Italian seasoning and basil to taste. Pour half of the mixture in a glass baking dish. Cover with cheddar cheese (I just sliced enough off a brick to almost cover the noodles), pulled-apart string cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Cover with remaining macaroni mixture and repeat the cheeses, minus the string cheese. Cover and bake in oven at 350 until the cheese is melted.

Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm :)

No comments:

Post a Comment