Friday, November 4, 2011

time is money, but it makes more work

Since probably the second week of the school year, not a single loaf of store-bought bread has entered our lovely little apartment. I've made homemade bread every week except for this week (because Tyler did it this time!). The sad part is, the loaves don't have as many slices so they don't go as far. Also, if I decide I want a sandwich and have no more bread, I have to find roughly 2 hours to be home so I can make it. Luckily, I can do homework while the dough is rising and it's cooking and whatnot. Unfortunately, it (multitasking) never seems to work as well as I hope. But the taste of warm homemade bread with butter and homemade raspberry jam is almost as good a cookie when I'm craving something tasty. It nearly (but not quite) allows me to give up the idea of going to Macey's at 7pm for 25 cent donuts. Work, yes. Cheaper, yes (I think...). Happy tummy, heck yes :D



PS-This isn't my picture, but mine looks (and probably is) way more delicious than this. Nobody like a blog post without a picture though...

No comments:

Post a Comment